Montag, 13. August 2007

I wish I was at Heathrow ...

Like most of the travelling public, I hate Heathrow. It's overcrowded, cluttered, the queues and air keep getting worse - and, in any case, it is a huge source of noise and pollution. I once remember being in Kew Gardens trying to escape the noise of central London when I was living there. I was unlucky with the wind and hence all flights to Heathrow were flying over Kew. The trip turned out to be less quiet and relaxing than staying in an airport hotel; the most exotic bird I saw, incidentally, was a Concorde ...
So, I just don't go to Heathrow - I avoid that place like the plague. But this week, I would like to be there to join the Camp for Climate Action. Activists from all over the place are standing up to the BAA bullies and are showing the world that it is time to wake up to the impacts of aviation. Good!

Keine Kommentare: