Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008

Hell and High Water - Bush's climate "strategy"

I didn't sleep much last night. I was too excited to see if what my US colleagues had planned would work. And it did. Beautifully. They turned the Washington Monument into a monument to Bush's criminal do nothing legacy on climate change. They sent a clear message to the Major Emitters Meeting (MEM) happening today and tomorrow in Honolulu, Hawaii. The Bush administration hosting the first major climate meeting in 2008 is a bit of joke, really. It puts the fox in charge of the chickens. While Bush pretends to care about the climate he works hard to have useless voluntary pledges replace binding targets and real action - which we happen to need. It was 4.30am by the time the web story was done and I snuggled back into bed. But I did go to bed satisfied and pleased. And with wonderful images of an American icon turned into a Greenpeace billboard in my head. Have a look at more pictures here.

Keine Kommentare: